May 8, 2013 - I made this cake today for my friend Christine Swann. I have given her many cakes over the years that I, unfortunately, took too few pictures of. The cake pictured above is a three layer cake: two layers are white almond and one is chocolate. The icing is chocolate almond and the roses are almond flavor. I made the leaves and writing a dark fudge flavor.
I have given Christine lots of baked goods. Christine has given me lots of art. In fact, the painting above is a portrait she painted of me called Monday Morning. It even won an award, and I got to see a portrait of myself hanging in a museum. It was really amazing.
On Christine’s birthday, I want to honor her great talents. She is a great portrait artist who brings great joy to a lot of people by sharing her gifts! She has also painted portraits of all three of my boys, and they bring me happiness everyday.
I am seeing Christine today, but her actual birthday is May 9th! Happy birthday to a great artist.
15 Notes/ Hide
- meliluv1d likes this
- keyarer13 likes this
- monsieur-guimauve likes this
- chocolatmashimaro000 likes this
- kclaine likes this
- hypemusik likes this
- hydrachloric reblogged this from confectionerybliss
- chapuninja likes this
- tellmeaboutyoursoul likes this
- confectionerybliss reblogged this from johnettelopuszynskibakes
- burbanked said: Beautiful in oh-so-many ways!
- burbanked likes this
- thiscozyskull likes this
- thecrochetedcupcake said: I love everything about this post!
- thecrochetedcupcake likes this
- bakewithavengeance likes this
- johnettelopuszynskibakes posted this