May 29, 2013 - This is a May pumpkin pie. It seems that most people don’t bake pumpkin pie in May, but I do. I am giving it as a Dessert of the Month gift to my friends, and they just really happen to love pumpkin pie! I had a LOT of heavy whipping cream left over from Drew’s birthday cake, so I decided to include homemade whipped cream with this pie.
I tried something new - I made cinnamon whipped cream along with the regular. I love the cinnamon flavor, and all I did was mix some powered sugar, heavy whipping cream and a couple tablespoons of cinnamon. I’m going to make this with every pumpkin pie from now on.
9 Notes/ Hide
- lifeisabread reblogged this from johnettelopuszynskibakes
- meliluv1d likes this
- shardinspector reblogged this from johnettelopuszynskibakes
- awakeandunafraidasleepordead likes this
- bakewithavengeance likes this
- thiscozyskull likes this
- thecrochetedcupcake said:I just asked a bakery if they ever rotate the seasonal items in the different seasons (like egg nog and pumpkin now and winter too) and she said mostly it won’t sell! But I agree, pumpkin in May sounds delicious :)
- thecrochetedcupcake likes this
- burbanked likes this
- johnettelopuszynskibakes posted this